English: Ducati ST3 Photo by Don Williams, Senior Editor, Robb Report MotorCycling. Rider: Kelly Callan. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
12 months 12 trips
January: New Year´s party in Sidney
February: Valentine´s romance in Paris
March: Sushi in Japan
April: Dancing flamenco in Seville
May: Visiting the Expo in Milan
June: Hiking to Machu Pichu
July: Living the magic of Disneyland
August: Chilling in the Seychelles islands
September: Drinking beer at the Oktoberfest in Munich
October: Celebrating Gandhi´s Birthday in India
November: Day of death in Mexico
December: Christmas decorations in Nuremberg
English: Inside the newly opened Terminal 3 at Singapore Changi International Airport. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
- Sore throat
- Joint and muscle aches
- Stomach pain
- Measles like rash
- A rash, red eyes, hiccups and Bleeding from body openings may be seen in some patients
- Wash hands frequently or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid contact with blood and body fluids of any person, particularly someone who is sick.
- Do not handle items that may have come in contact with an infected person's blood or body fluids.
- Do not touch the body of someone who has died from Ebola.
- Do not touch bats and nonhuman primates or their blood and fluids and do not touch or eat raw meat prepared from these animals.
- Avoid hospitals where Ebola patients are being treated.
- Seek medical care immediately if you develop fever (temperature of 101.5°F/ 38.6°C) and any of the other following symptoms: headache, muscle pain, diarrhea, vomiting, stomach pain, or unexplained bruising or bleeding.
- Limit your contact with other people until and when you go to the doctor.
- Report any suspected cases of Ebola to the nearest health unit immediately.
- Suspected cases should be isolated from other patients and strict barrier nursing techniques implemented.
- All hospital staff should be briefed on the nature of the disease and its transmission routes.
Are "Black Boxes" really black?
The "Black Box", despite its name, is not black.
Although they are called "black boxes," aviation recorders are actually painted bright orange. This distinct colour, along with the strips of reflective tape attached to the recorders' exteriors, help investigators locate the black boxes following an accident. These are especially helpful when a plane lands in the water.
There are two possible origins of the term black box: Some believe it's because early recorders were painted black, while others think it refers to the charring that occurs in post-accident fires.
In addition to the paint and reflective tape, black boxes are equipped with an underwater locator beacon (ULB). If you look at the picture of a black box, you will almost always see a small, cylindrical object attached to one end of the device.
While it doubles as a carrying handle, this cylinder is actually a beacon.
Why is the black box so important?
With the advent of jet airliners in the late 1950s, analyzing critical details of aircraft performance became paramount during crash investigations, and two new devices were added as standard equipment on airliners: the CVR and the FDR (now DFDR).
Who invented the flight black box recorder?
What are black boxes made out of?
They are typically double wrapped, in strong corrosion-resistant stainless steel or titanium, with high-temperature insulation inside. They are designed to withstand high impact forces and high temperatures from fires.
Why don't they make the entire plane out of black box material?
The material that the black box is made of is too heavy. A whole plane made of the same material (All stainless steel), it would have a hard time getting off the ground and would be ridiculously expensive.
Is a black box reprogrammed in every flight?
The black box is constantly re-writing itself so it holds the last series of events. It does not need to be reprogrammed.
Why do aircraft need a black box recorder - why can't the info be transmitted live?
Failures in aircraft systems can be relayed real time by a system called ACARS but the black box contains a lot more info and would have to be a constant stream.
What kind of airplane uses the black box?
The FAA mandates that any aircraft with 10 seats or more must have a flight data recorder (black box).
Most aircraft smaller than that size do not have a black box.
Sky-tours wishes you a pleasant and safe trip!
CDC Helps Safeguard Business Travelers from Health Threats
Business Pulse: Travelers' Health, launched today by the CDC Foundation, provides businesses and corporate travelers a wide range of online resources to help them better prepare for international trips.
The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) resources include guidelines, tips and current data to help safeguard travelers against infectious diseases, as well as road hazards and environmental concerns that can sideline personal health and business productivity.
Travel plays an essential role in business and an estimated 5.1 million U.S. residents travel internationally for business each year. The extensive business opportunities abroad also pose a variety of potential health risks, including exposure to infectious diseases. To access Business Pulse, visit www.cdcfoundation.org/businesspulse.
"Millions of Americans travel each year, often for business. Illnesses and injuries abroad can sideline not only the traveler but the work they had planned. We encourage all travelers to prepare before they head abroad and educate themselves to help ensure safe, healthy travel," said CDC Director Tom Frieden M.D., M.P.H.
Sky-tours wishes you a safe flight!