Staying in the US this year is a popular choice. With so much economic uncertainty and tariffs being placed on a wide range of products, the summer staycation is the best choice for many families.
It is cheaper and you can even opt for a shorter vacation while still having the same level of fun. After an analysis of over 180 cities to see which scored best for relaxing, entertaining, food and recreational activities; these are the best and worst options:
Some of these are pretty obvious but there are a few surprises in the list:
- Orlando – the sheer number of theme parks make it fun. But it also rates extremely highly for food and entertainment. It might not be the cheapest option but it is certainly the best.
- Honolulu, Hawaii – What more can you say about paradise on earth. Except of course that it always ranks highly as a place to visit; no matter where you live in the world.
- Chicago, Illinois – You’ll find a huge array of lakes, parks, opportunities to walk or hike with the family and shops. It also has an excellent reputation for food.
- Seattle, Washington – There are plenty of outdoor activities for all the family here as well as some historic and fascinating activities. OF course the fact that craft beers are becoming extremely popular helps!
- Portland, Oregon – Take a look at the river, forest and trails to really appreciate nature while in the city. You can enjoy being active with the family and then unwind with some of the best food and entertainment in the states.
- Las Vegas, Nevada – It’s usually described as the entertainment capital of the world for good reason. You don’t even need to spend much on trying the various games to have a great vacation.
- Charleston, South Carolina – It may not be your first choice but it consistently scores highly on all the important factors in your vacation; entertainment, shopping, food and fun!
- Lubbock, Texas – This is the birthplace of Buddy Holly and there is a centre dedicated to him and his life. But, despite having several entertainment venues you’re likely to find Lubbock a poor choice.
- Warwick, Rode Island – If you’re a fan of golf then this might be the place for you. There are more golf courses per capita here than anywhere else in the US. Unfortunately, it rates poorly for relaxation, entertainment and food.
- Aurora, Illinois – The recreation experience here is actually pretty good. But the rest of the package is missing. You’ll probably end up using it as a base to visit Chicago!
- Anaheim, California – Just to prove that California is not always the ultimate destination. You’ll want to visit Disneyland and Knotts Berry Farm but after that, you’ll find the area sadly lacking. It’s a surprising disappointment.
- Yonkers, New York – This isn’t a bad destination; there are plenty of museums and a good level of recreation. But entertainment and eating are so much better in New York City which is so close
Book your summer staycation today at Sky-Tours!